I was nominated by Kasey from Antlers & Anchors for my second Liebster. Thanks Kasey!! (You can find my 1st Liebster here)
1. I am the daughter of two cancer survivors. I am so relieved to finally say that. My dad found out he was cancer free about a month ago, and my mom is going on her 11th year cancer free.
2. I love candy corn. I feel like candy corn is the fruit cake of Halloween, but I loves it.
3. I read grammar books on the regular. It’s kind of part of my job.
4. Twilight, just the first book, is my guilty pleasure.
5. Watching TV bores me. To the unending frustration of the hubs, I cannot watch a show without something else for entertainment.
6. Perhaps not shocking as I am a writer, but I have stacks of journals dating back to 2001, when I was 14 and thought I was hot sh*t.
7. When I was younger, I wanted to be a veterinarian or a zoologist or a marine biologist (notice any themes?)
8. I swear all the time. I have a really hard time controlling it and become quite paranoid around children because all the bad words are sitting on the tip of my tongue.
9. I had a flock of ducks growing up. At some point, we had around 20+. Miss those guys.
10. After 11 years with my hubs, the most frequent fight we have is over who has to hang up the clothes.
11. Every time I go to a big box store, I have to peruse the clearance section in the arts and crafts aisle. I refuse to pay full price on most supplies, since they seem a bit ridiculous to me. $5 for a pouch of buttons? Yeah, I’ll wait until those hit the clearance shelf. This sort of lends itself to everything; I hate paying full price.
Answers to Kasey's questions:
1. Besides the main social networking sites, what other tools do you use for blogging?
I’m not that deep into blogging to know the ins and outs of the blogging world. It’s really just my public journal of sorts that I only advertise through 20sb, Bloglovin, and Twitter.
2. Do you believe anything that is supernatural, like ghosts or Bigfoot?
I believe in ghosts and spirits, but vampires and werewolves not so much. I think there’re people who truly believe they’re vampires, and if they drink blood, I guess they fall under that category, but I don’t think bona fide drink blood or shrivel, type of beings exist.
3. What's your favorite book or movie or tv show?
Favorite book is Frankenstein. The stuff about language, nature vs. nurture, science, etc … love that book.
4. What is the song that makes you dance whenever it comes on?
This is a hard one. I’m such a ballad/slow beat person. I had to peruse my Pandora, and the only song that made me wanna dance a wee bit was “Lisztomania” by Pheonix, which is pretty old, haha.
5. Did you have a nickname when you were growing up? If so what was it?
Soooo many: Twizzlers, La Bean, Nikki, and then we all had note codenames in case we were ever infiltrated, but I don’t remember that one.
6. How do you get rid of writer's block?
I usually fall back to writing something fanfictioney, where I’m not afraid of the writing it since I know the characters and I have no real hope for the story; it’s just for fun. Writing in that free zone helps me open up to my original works. Aside from that, force myself to write something, even just a blog post, email, or a mundane day journal, works to open the door.
7. Coffee or Tea?
Both and all forms.
8. Would you rather spend have a vacation at a beach or in the mountains?
I love the beach, but I’d rather be in the mountains. A) for the aloneness of it and B) for the wildlife/feeling closer to nature aspect of it.
9. What's your favorite color?
A nice deep blue, like ocean blue.
10. What's your favorite app and or video game?
I’m a huge Skyrim fan. I got lost in that game for a month or so. Sims does that for me too, more the building houses and people aspects of it though.
11. If we lived in a society where people carrying weapons was a normal everyday occurrence, think Role Playing Games, what kind of weapon would you wield?
Welp, if we’re talking any weapon that’s usually found in RPGs, I’d say a magic wand, because magic. If we’re talking real world existing weapons, I think it’d be really cool to be good with daggers or something. Simply because they’re discrete and you have to have a fair bit of agility which would lend you power even without the weapons. Bow comes in at a close second.
I nominate these lovely ladies!
Heather @ heatheryoungnichols.com (also buy her book J)
Sarah @ thefauxfountainpen.blogspot.com
My 11 Questions for you:
1. What was your worst job?
2. If you could teleport, where would you choose to live?
3. What fictional world do you most want to be a part of?
4. What was your favorite childhood toy?
5. What's your favorite vegetable?
6. Would you rather have a live in chef or live in maid?
7. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you want?
8. Townhouse, farm, or cabin in the woods?
9. If you had a time turner, what moment would you change or relive?
10. What was your dream job as a kid?
11. What's your favorite blogpost?